A University policy enables a faculty, staff or student to teach, do research, perform a job, or study within the framework prescribed by local, state, federal and University regulations.
Mission of the Policy Office:
- Provide guidance and coordination in the policy process; and
- Communicate new policy to the University community in a timely manner.
The University Policy Manager:
- Coordinates the process for creating and revising policy;
- Assists in the drafting of policy;
- Catalogs the current policies;
- Manages University policy web pages and links to other pages on the University's web site;
- Maintains an archive of retired policies;
- Communicates new policy to the University community; and
- Develops a community of policy writers.
The University Policy Office reports to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
University of Virginia
P.O. Box 400228
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Want to be notified when a new policy is issued? Get on the Policy Listserve by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.