New Policies in Process, as of 8/10/17
- Human Research Protection Program — Establishes the high-level commitment of the University to the protection of human subjects.
- Institutional Conflict of Interest in Research — AAHRPP accreditation standards require such a policy in order to establish thresholds for institutional/individual financial interests which should be reviewed.
Previously noted as in process:
- Employees Performing Work for the University and a Related-Foundation — Establishes guidance for how Joint Engagements will be managed by the University.
- Background Checks and Self-Disclosure of Criminal Convictions — Combines existing policies and expands to apply to all categories of employment. Requires all employees to self-disclose criminal convictions post-hire and during employment.
- Use of E-mail for Official Communication with Employees — Establishes e-mail as the official means of communicating matters relating to job responsibilities, benefits, etc.
- Fabrication of Equipment — Establishes requirements for determining the type of fabrication and correct application of F&A rates.
- Charging for Incidental Use of University Space — Establishes a framework for setting rates to recover costs associated with incidental use of E&G space.
- Establishing and Managing Academic Activities Abroad — Requires all education abroad activities at the University comply with standard administrative policies and are subject to oversight by ISO.
- Use of Materials with Sexually Explicit Content — Fulfills the University's obligation under state law to notify employees that accessing, viewing, printing, downloading, storing or transmitting materials with sexually explicit or obscene content violates state law.
Existing Policy Under Review, as of 9/26/17
- FIN-023, Reconciling Departmental Accounting Records — Changes reflect current approaches, updates to terminology, and alignment with UVAFinance’s recent switch to use of UBI reports rather than Discoverer reports for GL reconciliation.
- FIN-030, Purchases of Goods and Services — Incorporate the content of the existing policy, VIII.A.7 Lease VERSUS Purchase. The language in Section 2 has been updated to reflect current requirements/standards.
- FIN-033, Monitoring Cash Balances and Resolving Deficits in Revenue Projects — Changes reflect current approaches, updates to terminology, and alignment with UVAFinance’s recent switch to use of UBI reports rather than Discoverer reports for GL reconciliation.
- IRM-008, University Information Technology Accessibility — Updated to reflect alignment with the current work of the Executive Committee on Digital Access and to ensure full compliance with ADA/Section 504 requirements and new ADAAG 2.0, AA and Section 508 Refresh Standards.
Previously noted as in process:
- BOV-002, Implementation of Policies Addressing the Needs of Potentially Suicidal Students — Due to legislation enacted during the 2017 General Assembly session, the BOV is required to adopt policies around postvention services after a student suicide.
- Acceptance & Maintenance of Works of Fine and Decorative Art — Governs the acquisition, recording, maintenance and disposition of works of fine and decorative art.
- Accepting a Loan of Equipment from a Vendor — Sets forth requirements for accepting equipment on an evaluation or loaned basis.