New Policies in Process, as of 3/20/19
- Protection of Minors and Reporting Abuse — Establishes requirements for protecting individuals under the age of 18 who are participating in University programs and activities.
- Use of U.S. Department of Defense Seals or Military Insignias for Educational Programs — Assists the University in complying with the tenets of the Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding.
- Misrepresentation of the University's Academic Programs and Financial Charges — Assists the University in complying with the tenets of the Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding.
Previously noted as in process:
- Faculty and Staff International Travel — Sets forth requirements to promote the health, safety, and security of person traveling internationally on University-related purposes.
- Employees Performing Work for the University and a Related-Foundation — Establishes guidance for how Joint Engagements will be managed by the University.
- Use of E-mail for Official Communication with Employees — Establishes e-mail as the official means of communicating matters relating to job responsibilities, benefits, etc.
- Fabrication of Equipment — Establishes requirements for determining the type of fabrication and correct application of F&A rates.
- Charging for Incidental Use of University Space — Establishes a framework for setting rates to recover costs associated with incidental use of E&G space.
- Establishing and Managing Academic Activities Abroad — Requires all education abroad activities at the University comply with standard administrative policies and are subject to oversight by ISO.
- Use of Materials with Sexually Explicit Content — Fulfills the University's obligation under state law to notify employees that accessing, viewing, printing, downloading, storing or transmitting materials with sexually explicit or obscene content violates state law.
Existing Policy Under Review, as of 2/19/19
- SEC-030: Regulation of Weapons, Fireworks, and Explosives — Updated to include definitions of “prohibited items,” “clear bag protocol,” and “metal detection equipment;” and to clarify when a law enforcement officer is permitted to possess, store, or use a weapon when on University property.
Previously noted as in process:
- HRM-020, Probationary Period for University Staff Employees — Changing the probationary period from 1 year to six months; determining which positions may require more than six months and receive an exception.
- IRM-008, University Information Technology Accessibility — Updated to reflect alignment with the current work of the Executive Committee on Digital Access and to ensure full compliance with ADA/Section 504 requirements and new ADAAG 2.0, AA and Section 508 Refresh Standards.
- BOV-002, Implementation of Policies Addressing the Needs of Potentially Suicidal Students — Due to legislation enacted during the 2017 General Assembly session, the BOV is required to adopt policies around postvention services after a student suicide.
- Accepting a Loan of Equipment from a Vendor — Sets forth requirements for accepting equipment on an evaluation or loaned basis.