New Policies in Process, as of 12/15/21
- HRM-031: Employees Ineligible for Rehire – A new policy that reaffirms prior practice. The policy provides guidance to managers and UVA Human Resources for determining whether an employee or former employee is ineligible for rehire.
New Policies Previously noted as in Process, as of 7/27/21
- Use of E-mail for Official Communication with Employees — Establishes e-mail as the official means of communicating matters relating to job responsibilities, benefits, etc.
- Fabrication of Equipment — Establishes requirements for determining the type of fabrication and correct application of F&A rates.
- Charging for Incidental Use of University Space — Establishes a framework for setting rates to recover costs associated with incidental use of E&G space.
- Establishing and Managing Academic Activities Abroad — Requires all education abroad activities at the University comply with standard administrative policies and are subject to oversight by ISO.
- Use of Materials with Sexually Explicit Content — Fulfills the University's obligation under state law to notify employees that accessing, viewing, printing, downloading, storing or transmitting materials with sexually explicit or obscene content violates state law.
Existing Policy Under Review, as of 1/26/22
Previously noted as in process:
- HRM-030: Recruiting and Hiring of University Staff and Wage Employees — Revised to include the requirement that the job description reflect "equivalent experience" in a job posting so as to broaden the applicant pool.
- Accepting a Loan of Equipment from a Vendor — Sets forth requirements for accepting equipment on an evaluation or loaned basis.