Additions and Updates to the Directory as of January 21, 2022
STU-005: Prohibition on Hazing. Revised to provide clarity around its provisions, remove geographic boundaries, expand the ability to respond to reports, and introduce protections for those who report hazing behavior.
- 1/19/22 - Revised definition of Face Covering to align with CDC guidance; revised vaccine requirement to encourage Faculty & Staff to receive the primary series of COVID-19 vaccine and a booster dose when eligible per CDC recommendation; deleted testing requirements for unvaccinated faculty & staff; deleted sanctions for non-compliance by an employee with regard to vaccine and testing requirements.
- 1/14/22 - Events & Gatherings revised such that they should be conducted either virtually or outdoors whenever possible. Effective 1/17/22, any University or student organization-related event or gathering, held on- or off-Grounds, held indoors, (1) on-site consumption of food or beverages is prohibited and (2) masks are required at al times.
- 1/11/22 - Removed Intramural Recreational Sports Indoor and Aquatic Venues from the Exceptions for the indoor masking requirement.
- 1/7/22 - Revised to require students, faculty, and staff who have been vaccinated to receive a booster by January 14, 2022.
- 1/5/22 - Revised to require (1) all full-time and part-time UVA faculty and staff, including those working remotely, with hire dates before December 15, 2021 to have received their final vaccination dose by January 4, 2022, unless they have a University-approved medical or religious exemption; and (2) those with hire dates on or after December 15, 2021 to have received their first vaccination dose on or before their hire date and their second dose (if a second dose is required) at the proper interval as defined by the CDC vaccine guidelines.
Previous Policy Updates: